rrccad Forum Pro • Posts: 10,522
Re: time to come back to planet Earth

David Hull wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

David Hull wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

DVT80111 wrote:

Not too many people will pay $1500 for a 70D with a larger and heavier magnesium body.

People lined up to pay $1700 when the 7D came out. For whatever the 70D "gained", the 7D2 will gain even more. Probably the 1-series AF, 10 fps.

Unlikely. Why in God's name would Canon want to do that? The AF system is the great hold-back for Canon - always has been. They want people to buy full frame. Such a camera would be too great an impact to the 5dIII and 1dx. You're dreamin if you think Canon is going to give you an APS-C 1dx for less than half the cost of the actual 1dx.

I get you would LIKE them to do that. But, past behavior from Canon says that's just a pipe dream.

This is pretty much what they all said about the 5DIII. Canon will never give up the AF, that is their hold back for the traditional 10 pound brick.

The D700 forced their hand. But, people tend to forget the 5dIII sells for what the 1d used to sell for.

However they di do it and put a price on it to match. I can see them doing this for the 7D as well. Pro camera at a pro price, and unfortunately, if they do that, everyone will bellyache about it.

If the price matches - yes. I think people expect that in an $1800 body. If Canon charges $3500 for the body then yes you will get it.

I would expect that thing to come in at $1800. But then, I expected to see the 5DIII at around $3000 so what do I know

yen has been on a slide since the 5D mark III was released though.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow