Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

Started Feb 6, 2014 | Polls thread
CAcreeks
OP CAcreeks Forum Pro • Posts: 12,477
Re: Your opinion on Blu-Ray?

With the LG 14x SATA Blu-Ray burner selling for $70, and blank discs about $1 each, the economics are compelling for anybody who likes a disc-based workflow. Except you will have to send a CD or DVD to friends or customers, because they probably won't have a Blu-Ray drive.

malch wrote:

But in more recent years, my experience with optical disks in general has been way less than stellar and I came dislike them. More importantly, I started to mistrust them for data.

I think DVDs are way less reliable than CDs ever were, and the accelerated aging tests agree. This could be why you came to the conclusion you did.

I dislike the things and the per disk storage capacity is too small to be really useful or convenient.

Yes, even 25GB is not huge if you shoot Raw. But Blu-Ray reportedly has far more longevity than DVD.

USB3 drives have hugely more capacity and they're enormously faster and easier to store.

We have had several USB sticks fail, so I am a believer in SD or micro SD cards, instead.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow