Dear Canon, please say something!

Started Feb 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Bernie_King Senior Member • Posts: 1,981
Re: Sorry, not buying it

Joe Pa wrote:

People get way too emotional when it comes to these discussions. We can argue / debate all we want but Canon will release a 7DII if and when they believe there's a reason to do so. It will have the sensor and features they deem it should based on input from their marketing team.

I personally doubt it will be FF, as I think Canon still want a links a crop sensor in their pro line. Canon seems to be pushing out a number of EF-S lenses and people aren't going to invest much in them if the road ends at the X0D (IMO). As I said previously, I will be totally shocked if it's MSRP isn't $1999 or higher, I'm thinking $2499 with a kit lens.

I really believe Canon will release a 7D II or some other high end APS-C camera as well.  I personally think it will come soon.  I shot a 1D3 and a 1D4 for quite a while.  I recently had to downgrade to a 7D for the time being due to some high tuition bills for my son.  I picked up a low mileage used model to mitigate the loss when I upgrade again.  At this point, however, I'm not overly disappointed in the files I'm getting from the 7D.  They're a bit noisier, and it certainly can't track like the 1D4, but it's really a great little camera.  In 3 or 4 months, I'll likely be itching for something with better AF, but at this point there are few choices...  I don't WANT full frame.  Not at all.  I'm actually enjoying the extra reach I'm getting from the 7D over my old 1D4.  I don't want to give it up!  My 500 f4 feels like a brand new lens.. at least reach-wise.  So, I'll either be searching for a used 1D4, which seems counter-intuitive to spend so much money on such an old camera, or hoping for a 7D II.  I certainly hope that my options for a new camera don't end up being a 5d3 or a 1DX.  The 1DX is too much money, and 8fps is about as slow as I'm willing to go.  I also don't want to have to find money for an 800 5.6 to replace my 500 f4

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow