Dear Canon, please say something!

Started Feb 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: Dear Canon, please say something! just like Nikon

John_A_G wrote:

Bajerunner wrote:

Not likely, Fuji and Pentax have nice systems but they aren't threats to Nikon and Canon.

Maybe in volume you are right, but I have already seen two Nikon users on these forums alone, buying K-3's for their wildlife stuff, reason given = no D400.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

wow, 2 is a statistically significant number. The truth of the matter is, people switch brands every year for myriad reasons. Now, if your statistically significant value of 2 gets 4 or 5 zeroes after it, then that will cause Canon or Nikon to change their behavior.

Of course, one might also try the other side of the ledger - how many people in Pentax bought Nikon or Canon or Sony because Pentax doesn't offer full frame?

I'm not ripping on Pentax - they make great products. What I'm ripping on is the notion that minor amounts of switching in brands is going to affect behavior from ANY of the manufacturers.

Now, when Nikon came out with the D300, D3/s and D700 that really hit Canon and there really were a lot of defectors. We saw the 7d, 1dx 5dIII as a result.

Unfortunately, you're not going to see a huge amount of defectors just yet to Pentax because they don't have the top notch glass with AF capability in the telephoto and super-tele range to really get people to jump - which is what we saw when Nikon released their cameras. They had a robust sports/wildlife lens collection and people readily jumped.

Fair enough.... the point is two out of the few here... but nonetheless, point taken, albeit, more are discussing the K-3 option and doing testing, of the few who actually comment in the relevant forums.

I guess we will know in a year or two... depending...  

If Nikon and Canon do not update the D300 / 7D, I know where my bet is on.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow