Does the K-3 have AA Simulation Bracketing?

Started Nov 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Fl_Gulfer Senior Member • Posts: 1,181
Re: Jeff...

My K-5 has did the same thing since I got it when it was released. I have to hold my camera crooked or straighten it in post production. It's a pain in the *(%^

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Brad99 wrote:

The automatic horizon correction on the K-30 is the most wonderful thing ever invented (for me anyway). You get the horizon almost right in the VF and the shot comes out perfectly straight - heaven.

I hate it. At least on my K-5 the level is not level. I have sent the camera in twice and they have calibrated it. But ... it loses its calibration. So ... if I use auto correction ... all images are tilted.

Moreover, if I try to tilt the camera e.g. 8 degrees, the stupid thing corrects it to 7 degrees. That is obviously wrong. If it cannot correct to 0 degree it shall not do anything.

This composition/horizon adjustment must reduce the available amplitude of sensor deflection for SR, but I can't see that the AA vibration will hurt anything else as its amplitude is tiny.

-- hide signature --

Gear Listed in "About Me"

Fl_Gulfer's gear list:Fl_Gulfer's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow