Is it normal for Canon Rebels (T5i) to have creeky hand grips? Do you have one?

Started Feb 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Cameranoobie Senior Member • Posts: 2,629
Is it normal for Canon Rebels (T5i) to have creeky hand grips? Do you have one?

Im going to exchange mine today as I noticed over the past 2 weeks the top half of the hand grip has become creeky. It's the sound of plastic on plastic. It's kind of a clicking and creaking that I can feel in the handle when I grab and/or move the camera by the grip, which is a pain because the sounds is quite audible and makes the camera feel less solid.

I might be a bit OCD over this since it doesnt affect the functionality of the camera at all, but it bothers me each time i pick up the camera.  Just curious is this is a common problem on the T5is?  Hope my new one doesnt get this.

From what I see, there is no way to pop the hand grip off and stuff some padding inside the grip for more insulation.  Usually handgrips are easily removed on DSLRs but i guess not with Rebels.

Does anyone else have or seen creeky handgrips on rebels?  Id imagine, they only get worse over time, hence why im changing mine.

Cameranoobie's gear list:Cameranoobie's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Nikon D5500 Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +9 more
Canon EOS 700D (EOS Rebel T5i / EOS Kiss X7i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow