Where have all the Focal-reducers gone? (with apologies)

Started Feb 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 26,561
I'd still buy one if they'd make it...

I am interested - I like APS-C and am happy sticking with it, but can see some advantages to the Speed Booster type devices when it comes to the fast primes...not only the gain in 1 stop of aperture, but the fact that wide APS-C primes are impossible to find or very expensive, while 40-50mm types are a dime a dozen, and would be just the right focal length in a full frame.

However, they don't make them in the mounts I need.  I could pick up a Pentax one, but I'd much prefer to get one in Konica K/AR mount, or in Leica M mount.

Maybe with full frame mirrorless now on the market, they'll stop producing different mounts of these focal reducers, and I'm out of luck - or maybe they'll lower the prices and venture into many other mounts which would open them up to more people...time will tell.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony Alpha a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow