Canon to Sony convert

Started Feb 4, 2014 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alfpang New Member • Posts: 22
Canon to Sony convert

Lifelong Canon user.  Bought and loved the Canon S95.  "Upgraded" to the S100, returned it after a week, deeply disappointed.

Then I came across the RX-100, which I bought using my returned store credit plus a top-up, and never looked back.  It was a gamechanging product in terms of image quality in a comparable size to the S95.

I upgraded to the Mark II as soon as it came out and bought myself a hotshoe Mic to go with it -- the sound quality in an arena concert setting is astounding.

The macro on this camera (bees, insects etc) still has me shaking my head in disbelief at what a compact camera can do, handheld.

Eagerly looking forward to the Mark III and beyond.

-0.5 stars for some UI issues (awkwardly placed movie button and tendency for the camera to default to shaky 1/30 speed instead of leaning on its excellent high ISO performance, without a minimum speed setting)

alfpang's gear list:alfpang's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +6 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 II
20 megapixels • 3 screen • 28 – 100 mm (3.6×)
Announced: Jun 27, 2013
alfpang's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow