Who will be the first? - The Tamron 150-600

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
nuke12
OP nuke12 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,321
Re: Who will be the first? - The Tamron 150-600

Paul Pasco wrote:

nuke12 wrote:

Well I’m not here to defend Tamron. I think what they did with the 70-300 buyers was awful.

What did Tamron do?

Tamron's mistake was not replying to the people who contacted them about the issue. They should have at least said they couldn't fix the problem. For both the EU and USA divisions to say nothing, was wrong. Customers deserve better then that.

one day the 70-300 works fine and then Nikon does a firmware update for the N1 and now the 70-300 doesn't work on N1 cameras. Still works fine on all Nikon DSLRs though. Hmmm, a little suspect of Nikon, no?

I'm not saying it wasn't a deliberate move by Nikon. There is no way to know for sure.

Now is Tamron supposed to spend time trying to reverse engineer the latest update for a niche system so that a handful of people can use their Tamron DSLR lenses on their N1 cameras?

Maybe they should look into it? If Nikon did do it, there is no reason they couldn't do the same with their DSLR firmware.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 +28 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow