Tamron 150-600mm Lens thread number 2

Started Jan 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
gregp701 Contributing Member • Posts: 639
Re: BIF images

Jim, I do agree that in this world, in most cases, you get what you pay for. That being said, the image quality that I've seen so far (and only from Canon bodies), this Tamron looks to be every bit as good as the Nikkor. I would be interested in seeing a side by side comparison and I'm sure in time, it will be done. But, from what I can see, there's not roughly $1600 worth of favorable image quality difference in the Nikkor. Not even close. Faster focusing I'm sure, but image quality, no.

I like shooting birds. Mainly the kind sitting still. So the speed of the lens isn't a big issue which by the sound of it, the Nikkor is better. I just want nice, crisp sharp shots. I already have a 300 f4 prime and tele so it was tough to swallow buying the expensive zoom. I do believe this lens will be a nice addition to my kit without much buyers remorse. Now if I ever win the lottery, I'll own a couple of those long, fast primes!

gregp701's gear list:gregp701's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX10 II Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow