re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,896
Re: re: the Nex-7 mk-II to be announced on Feb 12th ??

jpr2 wrote:

according to SAR's post today:

"According to multiple trusted sources Sony will have a press announcement next week on Wednesday February 12 at 5-6am London time! The event is focused on the launch of new mirrorless products.

Next week we can expect Sony to certainly announce the NEX-6/7 successor. The price of the body will be around 800 Euro and the improvements are mainly made on the SPEED front. Which means, faster fps, faster AF, faster EVF (no lag) and Bionz X processor".

Sounds good.

if so, it'd be pretty quickly following XT-1 footsteps - although this part: "Nex-6/7" troubles me. As I'd very much prefer a "pure" Nex-7 upgrade with NO N6-type of compromises... (no plastic-fantastic body, no simplified-UI with reduced external controls, no reduced-resolution sensor, you know the gist). Thus, price point of 800 Euro might be not 'all is a blessing' type of gain - can't wait

What is "reduced external controls" referring to?  The lack of tri-navi?  It gains a traditional mode dial, which seems to be in fashion.

My beef isn't the controls, it's that they could have made some small improvements to maximize the use of the controls, such as the old dial control on the back.

Of course, a Nex-7 replacement should get Nex-6 improvements....

jpr2

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow