re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
nevercat Veteran Member • Posts: 3,193
Re: re: the Nex-7 mk-II to be announced on Feb 12th ??

jpr2 wrote:

according to SAR's post today:

"According to multiple trusted sources Sony will have a press announcement next week on Wednesday February 12 at 5-6am London time! The event is focused on the launch of new mirrorless products.

Next week we can expect Sony to certainly announce the NEX-6/7 successor. The price of the body will be around 800 Euro and the improvements are mainly made on the SPEED front. Which means, faster fps, faster AF, faster EVF (no lag) and Bionz X processor".

if so, it'd be pretty quickly following XT-1 footsteps - although this part: "Nex-6/7" troubles me. As I'd very much prefer a "pure" Nex-7 upgrade with NO N6-type of compromises... (no plastic-fantastic body, no simplified-UI with reduced external controls, no reduced-resolution sensor, you know the gist). Thus, price point of 800 Euro might be not 'all is a blessing' type of gain - can't wait

I know what you mean, but I think that the (surpricingly low) price of the A7 makes it hard to justify a APS camera just below the price of the A7. So they have to make a compromise there. On the other hand I think that the sensor will be a 24 MP sensor, the body will be more plastic then the Nex7 and the controls will be a lot like the Nex 7. Just my thoughts, I do not work for Sony ofr have connections there, so it is nothhing more then speculation!

jpr2

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow