choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Brian Caslis Senior Member • Posts: 2,931
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Les Lammers wrote:

Westmill wrote:

Just two thoughts from me... Firstly, sharpness comes from the lens not the camera, and Fuji have a few which are exceedingly sharp. If the 35mm is a fave lens then the Fuji 35 is not only great but also affordable !

My second thought is that if you are after a small lighter system then the Sony makes no sense.OK ! the camera may be smaller but the lenses are just the same. My Sigma 50-150 F2.8 which is DX seems heavier on its own than the E1 with 4 lenses and EF42 flash. You can carry a pretty large kit with Fuji with not a lot of weight and in a far smaller bag. You also tend to notice weight less when in a smaller bag

The Sony JPEGs have been panned. The A7 appears to be fine if you have a lot of and like legacy glass. I have found that I prefer modern lenses with digital. Wait until the X-T1 has been out a while and make a decision. I see no reason to jump off a cliff.

Yes the JPEGs have been panned if you read the "forum experts" or DPReview. But if you look at someone who actually tests, like I don't know, Imaging Resource, they say it's the best JPEG engine they have seen (see the conclusion section).

Imaging Resource Sony A7r Test

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Arn
Arn
(unknown member)
jan
Arn
(unknown member)
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Arn
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow