Who will be the first? - The Tamron 150-600

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
nuke12
OP nuke12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,416
Re: Who will be the first? - The Tamron 150-600

Well I’m not here to defend Tamron. I think what they did with the 70-300 buyers was awful. Then again, if the 150-600 interested me and I could try it on the N1 before buying, I certainly would consider it. There is no lens with that focal range that comes anywhere close to it’s price tag. I’d be very skeptical about taking any future firmware updates from Nikon without a “wait and see” attitude.

I don’t own any Tamron lenses but their after sales support seems to suck. They should have replied to the people who contacted them. Sigma was very forth coming about N1 issues. In some cases the lens couldn’t be made to work but at least they told you so.

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow