IS blurring : does your 24-105mm f4 L have this problem?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
LeeDempsey New Member • Posts: 11
Re: IS blurring : does your 24-105mm f4 L have this problem?

Update on my lens: On January 25 I received it back from the Newport News repair facility for the third time... and the issue was still present. This time the Description of Problem/Symptoms was accurate:

"The IS is not working properly when the aperture is set higher than F/4. Please reference images on CD. Repair, clean and check all functions. Repair to good working order. No response necessary." (I included a CD of about 50 images.)

But once again, they didn't replace the IS PCB Assembly, which appears to be the correct fix. The Service Details were:

"Your product has been examined and it was found that the AF assembly was out of position causing the focus to operate improperly. Product functions were confirmed."

This was the same description as the second repair -- and it looks like the same tech was assigned both times. So I called CPS Technical Support again. I told them that I was at risk of missing photo shoots as a result of this unresolved issue. This time I demanded that it be sent to a repair facility other than Newport News. They agreed to let me send it to Irvine, since some members here have had luck getting the issue repaired there. Once again I included a disc of images and a printout of this entire thread.

At least for trips 2 through 4 they have sent me prepaid shipping labels, and the repairs have been marked as a no-charge "Courtesy Repair."

Wish me luck...again.

Lee

LeeDempsey's gear list:LeeDempsey's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pcj
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow