re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
nevercat Veteran Member • Posts: 3,193
Re: Tom: the Pana GM1 ??

jpr2 wrote:

today is the very I-st time I have encountered that name on the NEX forum - upon checking closer the reasons got crystal clear:

• a fixed-lens compact;

No it is a m43 camera. In fact the first M43 camera that realy bennefits from the smaller sensor, as it is realy small!

• of tiny sensor;

When you find m43 tiny yes, others will find it a larger sensor

• and no built-in VF (of any kind, even a tunnel visor typical of some P&S would be better than no VF at all);

No so does my old Nex 5, so will be the A5000 etc.

in other words completely out of my scope. However, I do understand your excitement stemming from (supposedly) excellent ergonomics - even if the exact causes of such excitement still remain rather obscure . But then a good UI and handling seldom can be fully appreciated without personal & physical experience with any item. Given our exchanges on these issues in the past couple of years I'll trust you that it might be good to even exceptional product in its category, and yet... it is bound to remain of a purely academic interest

If a camera is ergonomicly great depends as much on the user who must find it a nice handling camera in their hands. I for instance don't like touch screens, as with my smartphone it will often not work as good as it should be. Maybe its my hands or so, but I would not like it when I must rely on the touchscreen on my camera. Others will find a touchscreen great as it works with their hands well....

I think the Pana GM1 is a great little camera, only not for me, I like my Nex 5 better, so I will stay with that camera for some time...

jpr2

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow