a few questions about the nikon sb-700
1) why is there a color filter menu setting? the included filters are auto-detected by the way they connect to the contacts, but what is the point of setting it to the other selectable colors in the menu? does it affect the flash performance in any regard, or show up in exif data?
2) the volume setting appears to do nothing. my flash makes no tones/beeping at all even after multiple contiguous firing. does the flash only start to sound after dumping at full power or after it actually needs to recharge? i've only used it to a max of 1/4 power.
3) regardless of the ev stepping selection, choosing either 1 stop or 1/3 stop increments affects nothing. it seems that manual output selection remains in 1/3 incremental mode regardless of this setting. does this setting only affect ttl modes?
additionally, it is perplexing how little flash info seems to be in exif data. all i've ever seen is "flash fired" or "did not fire". it would be seriously helpful if output power and timing info were included.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%