14mm 2.5 vs 17mm 1.8

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Re: 14mm 2.5 vs 17mm 1.8

tamras29 wrote:

spotfromoz wrote:

tamras29 wrote:

FrankS009 wrote:

Lenstip did reviews of both lenses, and the 14mm 2.5 is both considerably sharper than the 17mm and less expensive. Purple fringing can be controlled on Olympus cameras with a strong UV filter.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51786560

That being said, I agree that sharpness is not the only thing to consider. But it helps.

I am another looking forward to the PL 15mm.

F.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

Looks impressive, unfortunately not made in 46mm for some reason!

A quick Google will find many 46mm uv filters from a number of manufacturers.

Would you mind very much pointing me at one? Lots of Haze 1A's in 46mm but I can't find a 2A which was advised.

Is perhaps UV(C) the same thing?

I don't think anyone offers a 2A filter in 46mm at this time, and other UV filters won't do the trick. You'll need to use a step up ring.

A couple of other options include buying 2A gel and installing it on the back of the lens, or inserting it in the camera, just in front of the shutter. You can find discussions of all of these methods on this forum.

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow