FZ200, badlands

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Photos thread
OP splendors Regular Member • Posts: 216
Re: FZ200, badlands

phototransformations wrote:I took a look at some of your other photos, and I see that you routinely underexpose by 1/3 to 1 1/3 stop. Although this does ensure that you'll preserve most of the highlights it also pretty much guarantees that you'll block up the shadows and, if you try to lighten the image you might also get a lot of banding. If you are really concerned about highlights, then perhaps you need to shoot RAW.

Yes, not only JPG, the RAW has been gotten in the mean time in my FZ200 settings!!

Unless this is the "look" you are going for, underexposing this much takes away, in my opinion, more than it adds. If you have not done so yet, it would help you to take a look at some of your images in an editor that lets you see a histogram. Then you'll see that you are not taking advantage of a lot of "room" on the lighter end of the image and are causing things that are not actually black to be recorded as black.

Copy that. Regarding to my newbie of FZ200 experience, I'm still trying to get something or else.

Maybe (not sure yet), the below pic with the former same one may be PROPER, am I right??

But the blue sky is lighter than the former one ..?!

Cheers.

splendors's gear list:splendors's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow