Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
kartikjayaraman
kartikjayaraman Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

Steve West wrote:

I guess I would think about whether spending a little more time with the A7 would allow you to achieve what you want with it. How many of the items you are concerned about can't be achieved with the A7 (maybe like the A77 frame rate?). FE lenses are going to be expensive, and I'd put that $1K towards another FE when it comes out and start working with the A7 more.

When it comes to electronics, I don't look back--the world is moving too quickly forward and in new directions.

I do have an A77, and I like my A99 more. My A77 now does full time on my microscope (which it excels at!). There are just no situations that I photograph where I'm going to choose the A77 over the A99.

Yes, the A7 is a different beast, but it's the start of a new generation. Don;t look back. YOu made your decision, now move forward, and enjoy that A7.

If you really love the A77, then maybe you should buy a used A99 for a little more than your $1K. You have a lot of great used Minolta glass that will be a LOT less expensive than FE glass. Can you imagine what an FE 85mm f/1.4 is going to cost!!

JMHO,

-- hide signature --

Great post Steve. I had an A500, then the A77 briefly and now the A7 and the advancements in tech are awesome. My suggestion - keep the A7. For telephoto use (with the big zoom/telephoto A mounts) you can use the LA-EA4 if you want to and get the fast SLT AF if needed. The detail achieved on the A7 is quite incredible, check this out: shots include the SAL70300G as well as the kit lens - your 35mm Zeiss will be even sharper!

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/djkj/tags/ILCE-7/

-- hide signature --
 kartikjayaraman's gear list:kartikjayaraman's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow