Manfrotto 24' light stand / camera stand 269HDB
Anyone use the super tall light stand or camera stand?
I'm wondering if the $260 price difference is worth it. I'll use it rarely and when I do it will probably be as a camera stand rather than a light stand, but I'm thinking of saving the money and getting the light stand version.
As far as I can see, the major differences are the camera mount, the leg holes, 3 vs. 1 adjustable leg and the guy lines. I think I can MacGyver the camera mount easily enough and I'll be on asphalt or concrete, so I won't be using spikes through the legs. I can see the guy lines being useful, but I'll probably be working fast and without permits and doing stills rather than video.
Local rental houses have 21' or 22' stands for $30-75/week, but they're 2x-2.5x the weight.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%