Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,469
Re: Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

I can offer my opinion, you can take it for what its worth. I have no reference for the A7. But Ive owned the A77 since it was offered 2 + years ago. I know the camera very well.

While anew A77 replacement is looming in the wings.. it will cost you alot more money than the pristine A77 you traded. @ 1000 dollars and the lenses and filters and Batteries etc, that is a real steal. Im fairly sure the A77 would serve me well for a few more years. Its had to beat that 3 axis LCD and those 12 fps. If the new A77 replacement does come out, it wont be the same quantum leap that the A77 was over the A700. I think you will back to 1500 dollars and then you need some lenses, lets just say add another grand.

If you could gather a thousand dollars, I would run back to that store and get your camera and other gear back before someone else grabs it.

Thats just my opinion. I dont know how much better the A77 replacement could possibly be. and if you did get it.. then you would need to buy a few lenses for it.. for 1000 dollars you get all your own gear back , not someone else's. and have a fabulous camera system again.

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow