Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

Started Feb 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Flat view
halbraun Regular Member • Posts: 278
Buy back my A77 to support my A7 or wait for future?

I started this in the Emount forum and realized I should have posted it here... my bad

A few weeks back, I traded in a lot of gear to get my A7 with FE35 lens.

I was talking with the dealer and we were talking about the joys/tribulations of the A7, and kicked around the few things I was unable to do as well as with my A77.

He offered me my A77 back, along with all the batts, filters, my Tamron 70 - 200 f2.8 and my Tamron 60mm f2 macro, for $1000 (all with me since new, prime condition)

I can use the 60 on my A7 with adapter.. and use the Telephoto on the A77 for speedy long distance stuff that I kind of miss having on the A7. (I used it to shoot my son's lacrosse games.. 12 fps was easily doable, and the focus was awesome)

I know the new A77 is coming out in a bit, but it will initially cost a fortune, and to be honest I am very comfortable with the handling and settings on the current A77. Plus the lenses and batts filters, etc. all for the price of the FE55 I returned.

Just thought I would solicit a couple of opinions to see if the general consensus is an ok deal, or to continue to just use the A7 and wait for the long zoom with the limitations of being connected to the A7.


 halbraun's gear list:halbraun's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
Sony Alpha a7 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow