[Questions] GM1: Build quality, Importing, Body or Kit?

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
Thomas Kachadurian
Thomas Kachadurian Veteran Member • Posts: 3,552
Re: [Questions] GM1: Build quality, Importing, Body or Kit?

Nippero wrote:

Question about the PALS and NTSC though. Does it really matter?
I dont even have an optical drive installed on my desktop anymore, so I'd never even play recorded video through a DVD player.
And I dont think any of my computers or media servers care about region locking... Not positive though.

I'm pretty sure you are correct. Video files like .MP4 or .MOV have no region code. NTSC or Pal only matter if you want to plug it into you TV.

DO buy the kit lens. You'll only save about $200 on the body and the lens, when available, is going to sell for $350. You can always sell it if you don't like it. It's only one of two Panasonic normal zooms that goes to 12mm, and the other one is $950 and big. The 12-32 is TINY. It also has OIS which is good for a stop or two and gets you close to the unstabilized 1.7 when you're at 12mm. It's a perfect fit for the GM1.

Tom

www.kachadurian.com
Call me crazy. I happen to like photos of cats.

Thomas Kachadurian's gear list:Thomas Kachadurian's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow