re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

stevo23 wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

...as the part-I run into a wall of 150 posts per thread limit, due in not small degree to a myriad of one-liner posts by few users well known for such a tactic - who always try to derail threads they don't agree with, here is the part-II.

in particular just take a peek on very many examples here,including quite well documented series of moderately fast action, where XT-1 seems to coped pretty well. Also the SOOC images are quite amazing - already with XP-1 I was smitten by such excellent IQ from a low Mpx sensor, but these look even better

I seriously don't think there was a concerted effort to sink your original thread,

It was not his.

It was mine!

I really hope it was no "tactic". Folks are allowed to disagree and they don't have to say much. I'm not sure I see why one has to be accused of such.

+1

Clearly you are smitten with the X-T1 and if you are after what it does, this is good news. But the point is well made by many - this isn't any more pressure on Sony than before.

I disagree here.

They'd better improve the AF speed, as well as improve the response time.

These are both not very competitive on the A7r.

Bases on Fuji's claims:
Shutter Lag is down to 0.005s: that should make it faster than the fastest camera out there (Canon 1Dx, 0.006s which I assume is in mirror up position). But, does it? Sony E-mount APSc cameras since NEX-5N been some of the fastest at 0.02s.

AF response (I assume includes shutter lag) is claimed to be 0.008s. That will be incredibly fast beating any camera. Sony a77 has been measured to be one of the fastest camera with APSc or FF sensor at 0.177s in bright light. What are the chances that X-T1 beats them all? In that case, "good with moderate action" won't cut it.

These two are simply too vague of statements to make, and worse to believe in. One thing that Fuji should get credit for is the EVF, based on the specs and features. That is about it.

Then we have a base ISO of 200 if you shoot RAW. Really? It was one of the things I disliked about NEX-3.

Shutter speed is maxed out at 1/4000s. This was also true with NEX-7 (but a77 got 1/8000s) but Sony went ahead with 1/8000s even on FF sensor in a camera about the same size and price class with a7.

Combine the two together (ISO 200 and 1/4000s) and suddenly faster lenses for DOF start to make less sense in good light.

While Fuji should be commended for including a compact flash, one would still need to buy another flash for bounce feature which I find more useful.

As far as Sony is concerned, the key is primarily with AF speed to match mirrored systems.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow