Is it still worth buying the K-01, if yes, where?!

Started Jan 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,260
Re: Is it still worth buying the K-01, if yes, where?!

jim yeats wrote:

JNR wrote:

jim yeats wrote:

I use the 21 and 40 with mine and you'll love the IQ, but you'll hate the LCD if you use it in bright light.

Adding a GGS/Perfect 3x loupe works well for manual focusing and video outings. The point of attachment - which positions very nicely - gives you a very slightly raised solid AR protective screen that provides excellent shading in bright light (very noticeable when I compare to the unshielded screen on my K-30), and also provides a very slight ridge to guide your thumb for precision excellent positioning along the various control buttons without even looking. This protective screen is solidly mounted easily, using RTV blue silicone (which can be removed easily with a sharp, thin blade with no fear of damage).

As much as I like the loupe, the screen attachment is even more beneficial because it is helpful every time I use the K-01. A difference-maker.

Thanks for the info. Heading to Canyonlands this spring and will give the screen a try.

I see, also, that the screen can be purchased separately from Amazon for $13.95. You have to remove the middling quality adhesive first, of course, (goof off should do it), then only a thin bead of silicone will yield a strong bond.

-- hide signature --

JNR
www.jamesrobins.com

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow