D600/D610 Swaps The Real Issue?
Glad to see DPReview query Nikon. But I think they are missing the real implication of all this. Even if the OEMs can't agree on a "watchdog" clearinghouse, I think it's time for each OEM to issue the equivalent of NHTSA Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs). (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in the US.)
These are situations where short of a recall threshold, the OEM acknowledges an issue and will repair the car under warranty when the owner brings the issue up to the manufacturer's service department at a dealership (i.e. Authorized Service Center). At what some cameras now cost, it's time for such an approach in the camera industry, I believe.
Dust and oil on sensors; faulty AF; lens error on point and shots; printers with abnormal incidence of print head failures; etc.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%