re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,351
Re: Danny: yes, some pretty revolutionary design tricks

captura wrote:

I am hoping that fast AF will finally arrive with the NEX-7 replacement camera. But please make it the small brick shape!

The successor to the NEX 7 is coming out shortly after the release of the A7/R. The A7/R is a feature camera for Sony as the first of its kind, and they didn't show much on AF over previous Sony mirrorless cameras. I've not seen a significant improvement in mirrorless AF technology from Sony since my 2011 NEX 5N (particularly as an available light shooter). I think there's little doubt the successor to the NEX 7/6 will not show any improvement whatsoever in this regard or Sony would have surely added it to the A7/R.

My comparison cameras: NEX 5N, RX1, Nikon D600, Canon 6D, A7R. The Nikon and Canon cameras are too bulky for me, but I kept the 6D only because the improvement in AF is that much better than the NEX 5N, RX1, and A7R, particularly in lower light. So even if the A7 or NEX 6 show improvement, it's so incremental that it doesn't even come close to comparing to my 6D in available light, for example. And again, I hate the bulk and I am just begging for Sony to improve AF speed so I can switch back full time.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 Rokinon 135mm F2.0 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow