FF at long last for Pentax lenses from Sony

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D TONG Senior Member • Posts: 2,538
FF at long last for Pentax lenses from Sony

I think at long last there is a rebirth of K mount manual lenses because of the advent of the new Sony Alpha 7 camera.
I have been playing with it for an hour with an old Canon FD lens 50mm F1.4 and the result is stunning.
With a 3” display it is like using the viewfinder of 645 except that it is 4 times bigger (at least).
Also it is full frame, period.
I have just ordered an adapter for K mount lenses (for that I have a few manual/AF lensese). I cannot wait to mount it on my FA28mm ,Zenitor 16mm and A*300mm full frame.
And for those with M42 lenses there are a few adapters as well
This is a prelim report as I am currently in Austin, Texas. I will post some images later on.
One negative point is that the Alpha camera does not provide in camera IS – a break from earlier models.
With Sony providing full frame for K lens there is no need for Pentax or Ricoh to go for full frame at all. Now I know why Pentax has been dragging on their feet.

-- hide signature --

Daniel, Toronto

Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow