re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem Veteran Member • Posts: 5,335
Re: re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

jpr2 wrote:

...as the part-I run into a wall of 150 posts per thread limit, due in not small degree to a myriad of one-liner posts by few users well known for such a tactic - who always try to derail threads they don't agree with, here is the part-II.

in particular just take a peek on very many examples here,including quite well documented series of moderately fast action, where XT-1 seems to coped pretty well. Also the SOOC images are quite amazing - already with XP-1 I was smitten by such excellent IQ from a low Mpx sensor, but these look even better

jpr2

The hump on the XT-1 is certainly a disappointment, but having said that it does seem to be well-executed and the camera has a lot of exciting features and the AF does appear to have made a lot of progress

IQ of the sample images do look good, but then I think IQ from the Sony sensors is pretty good as well and I have no complaints there

The Fuji lens range is much more interesting than the Sony one and seems better matched to their cameras than some of the rather odd decisions concerning the NEX lenses, though there are currently no long focal-lengths in the Fuji range (pencilled-in for 2015), which is a shame as part of the benefits of fast AF would be for telephoto action shots!

XT-1 is big again, the hump makes it the same width and height as a small DSLR...  if they pack the same tech into a brick shaped XP-1 replacement then it would be very interesting

If the Sony NEX-7 replacement does offer build-quality, a 'brick' type rangefinder body format and much improved AF then we can breath easy...   if it doesn't offer these things then I suspect a lot of the higher-end NEX-7 users will be heading in the direction of Fuji rather than the A7

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

parallaxproblem's gear list:parallaxproblem's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 NEX5R Sony a77 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow