re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Started Jan 31, 2014 | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 7,001
Re: re: a lot of pressure on Sony now ... part-II

Competition is good, and I'm happy to see Fuji continuing with X-Trans, as alternate approaches often lead to more dramatic improvements than come out of incremental refinements of known technology.

However, for me, there's not much in the X-T1 that would tempt me. Again, like the EM-1, it's as large as the A7 with a smaller sensor. I would also much rather have customizable wheels and a dedicated mode dial, than dedicated ISO and shutter speed dials; I really like the controls layout of the A7.

As long as Fuji is using Sony sensors, every Fuji sold is still a good thing for Sony, and Fuji helping to build an APS-C mirrorless market is good for NEX/Axxxx owners as well, as that still means more motivation for Zeiss, Sigma, and others to develop lenses for this market.

Especially given Fuji's current market share, I don't see this as pressure, just reaffirmation and healthy competition. Pressure would be if Canon got serious about mirrorless.

-- hide signature --

A7 with kit lens and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS-1D Nikon D200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
gil
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow