How useful is the Canon online product registration site?
Does registering the camera or lens affect or extend the warranty?
At first I thought it did, like with Nikon (*), but I bought three new EF lenses last summer and went online to register them -- maybe I missed something, but I couldn't find any advantage to doing the registration. It seems to just provide Canon with personal info.
(*) if you register a Nikkor lens within 10 days, your warranty gets extended from 1 year to 5. Apparently Nikon hopes most people will be like me and wait 18 months before sending in the (now useless) registration.
"Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic." - Edward Weston
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 30, 2014|
|Jan 31, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%