Is it still worth buying the K-01, if yes, where?!

Started Jan 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,276
Re: Is it still worth buying the K-01, if yes, where?!

mvaro2002 wrote:

well, there is either the option of used OR, and I think it is still an Okay offer for the body plus 18-55 & 55-200 for about 500. On amazon. Since I would like to keep my number of equipment low I would In general only have two zooms and one prime. Only thing is I am not sure if the kit lenses are the way to go. I have a little bit of background knowledge with Nikon, but Pentax, no idea. Sorry to all you enthusiasts. I will learn

If you are talking this deal...

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Compact-System-18-55mm-50-200mm/dp/B0077IO5PY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391121950&sr=8-2&keywords=pentax+k-01+dual+lens+kit

That seems like the best possible option. The 18-55 is simply better than the kit lenses from main competition (C/N/S) by a fair margin. The long zoom is liked by some, not so much so by others. If you don't like it, there is some market for selling it used.

You can wait on a prime - many options out there between the 35, 40, 50 - and others including a huge number of great manual focus primes that work very well on the K-01. Get to know your kit, then you'll better know what length you want in a prime.

-- hide signature --

JNR
www.jamesrobins.com

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow