Correct setup of NEC monitor ICC profiles with Mac

Started Jan 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
7enderbender Contributing Member • Posts: 822
Correct setup of NEC monitor ICC profiles with Mac

I recently bought my first Mac and a new monitor. I went with the NEC 271 and the Mac is running Mavericks.

I've created some ICC profiles with my xrite Colormunki. This is all nice and easy. The issue I'm experiencing now, however, is that the profiles seem to jump around for lack of a better term. It seems that after reboots or after the monitor has been off it takes a moment to pick a profile and then after starting or closing other applications the color profiles seem to suddenly change.

I know that I could leave the profile management to the xrite Colormunki software but it seems it only keeps one profile and I still would like to be able to change (at least) between a sRGB and aRGB profile.

So instead I've been trying the ICC profile selection list built into Mavericks and also the NEC software tool you can download for free - which seems to create a new profile entry on the Mac while then managing the profiles in the actual monitor hardware.

Still, in either scenario I get the "jumping" and I end up not being quite sure which profile I'm actually in.

So if there are any Mac/NEC users here can you please explain to me how you do your profile management? I hope I don't have to buy the NEC branded xrite colorimeter and the NEC software now in addition to everything else.

I have two or three profiles now that I'm happy with. So I'd think there mus be a way to accurately and consistently select those manually.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow