How useful is the Canon online product registration site?
So I got a 5DMK3 and will receive it today. I got it from GetitDigital (ebay). Then I wondered if Canon's website would be able to check the authenticity of the "USA unit" when I register it later.
It looks like Canon's website lets you register any serial number in there. It only validates the correct date (cannot be before the release date) and the number of characters the SN has for that model.
All along I thought that was not the case since I registered several lens, flashes and cameras there.
Pinoy in NJ
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 30, 2014|
|Jan 31, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power