Sony FE 35 f2.8 comes with a lens hood. Can I use the Sony lens hood and a filter together?

Started Dec 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pat Whittingham
Pat Whittingham Regular Member • Posts: 224
Re: Sony FE 35 f2.8 comes with a lens hood. Can I use the Sony lens hood and a filter together?

Just FYI,  you can use the bayonet type sunshade from the SEL24F18 lens (ALC-SH114) and the FE55 (ALC-SH-131) on the FE 35mm. I use the SH114 in preference to the supplied hood and cap. I bought an extra 49mm lens cap when using it. These hoods cannot be reversed on the FE35 when the lens is mounted as the lens is so short and the hood strikes the body.

Did the same thing with the RX-1 rather than use the very expensive optional sunshade for the RX-1. I saw no apparent vignetting using these hoods and the FE35 doesn't look so strange (to me).

Unfortunately my understanding is that the SH-114 (and probably the SH-131) are not available as a part or accessory.

I can also confirm that Sony T* 49mm UV filter works fine under the supplied hood and cap for the FE35.

Pat Whittingham's gear list:Pat Whittingham's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Sony RX100 VI Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R III Sony a6600 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow