D700 help needed. High ISO concern.

Started Jan 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
redtorozts Junior Member • Posts: 49
D700 help needed. High ISO concern.

Back in the fall I noticed some wide bands of noise in dark areas, or any high iso image that I tweaked in LR. The noise bands are consistent across differently composed images, so it's not anything in the image that is causing it.

I'm revisiting the topic bc I picked up a new D7000 and the high ISO noise pattern is much more acceptable.

A flickr group member seemed to think it had something to do with the way the D700 processes images. If this is the case, I should see it in other D700's. I stopped by my local camera shop to try a D700, which suggested I check the RAW converter bit depth or buy a new camera. I get the same results in bridge, viewNX or LR, so I don't think it's the conversion.

Can someone take a long, high ISO (6400) black exposure RAW file and send it to me somehow? With just the body cap on should be suitable. I would like to compare the noise patterns.

Thanks!

Nikon D700 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow