Factory M240 R to M adaptor released

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP porrsha Contributing Member • Posts: 694
Re: Factory M240 R to M adaptor released

Dr. Ulrich Rohde wrote:

I have the adapter since a few month, and I have a nice collection of R lenses from my R 6 days. The nice thing is that the adaptor has a 6 bit coding it allows you to identify in the 2002 firmware manually which R lenses you are using. However despite having the M 240 told which R lens you use, and the firmware corrects the lens deficiencies, the XIF data does not get the info. So later you can not determine which lens was used. Kind of a silly thing but probably easy to correct. Some user say the R lenses are "flat" on contrast, but I can not confirm this. If at all, the R lenses have a light yellow color, which is not as cold as some of the Canon colors. My favorite R lens is the Vario 28 to 90 mm, perfectly compensated and as an M lens would be my dream lens. The TriElmar 28-35-50 is a powerful second. The X Vario camera has a good zoom lens, if designed for the M would be spectacular. Anyone from Leica listening ????

Ulrich,

Now I shall have to start a search for the 28-90 mm lens!! Interesting comment about the Canon color as we noticed in the medical field the cold blue of Olympus endoscopes versus the yellowish cast to Richard Wolf (Germany) endoscopes. I suspect the glass supplier or lens coating is to blame.

Wayne

porrsha's gear list:porrsha's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica M Typ 240 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow