Gallery question - am I dumb?
Hi there. I just can't figure something out about uploading a picture to My Gallery here in DPReview. The maximum upload size is specified at no more than 20 mb, with a maximum of 30,000 pixels along any axis.
I shoot with a 5DIII, at a default aspect ratio of 3:2. That's 5,760 pixels by 3,840 pixels.
I'm trying to upload a few pictures, and I've exported them to a file size of roughly 4 mb - so the 20 mb limit certainly isn't being exceeded. However, I'm getting a "file is too large" error message. How can that be?
Is "axis" defined as any edge of the picture? If so, the greatest amount of pixels along any edge in an uncropped picture out of my 5DIII is 5,760, well below the 30,000 pixel limit. What am I missing here??
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%