Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Westmill
Westmill Senior Member • Posts: 1,678
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Now i think i am going to put a bit of an odd slant on this

Now I have worked for years with.. how shall we say...with  big cameras. Using medium format in film days. Then Nikon SLRs. Now here is the odd thing !

Not so long ago, when the Pentax K5 came along I bought one as it looked ideal. What is strange is that for the first time in my life, I actually felt rather at odds. As if the camera was perhaps being judged. I believe it was perhaps because it was so small. Nobody ever said a word of course and I did a few weddings with it. Where it gets really strange... is when I bought the E1.... I tried that at a few weddings. What is really odd is that it did not bother me in the slightest !

Now even I am not sure why that would be.. But... I think it was because it was clear to anyone that it was not an SLR !  Simply that it was something different... Maybe partly the Leica look ? Somehow I doubt that. More a case of they had no idea but clearly something different, with a helping of well whatever it is, it must be good because he is using it whatever it is !

Right or wrong but this could stop me from using the XT1  I have got a strong feeling it would be even worse than the K5 for me. Right now.. I would choose an E2

Westmill's gear list:Westmill's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon D810 Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
jrk
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow