How to improve GH3 for photography

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Michael Ma Contributing Member • Posts: 535
Re: How to improve GH3 for photography

ryan2007 wrote:

The GH-3 is a great camera. I never saw a reason or need to shoot RAW, JPEG's were fine for me. After some upgrades and changes I had all Panasonic lenses (fast glass) and all was good.

Ryan, for the first 5 years with a DSLR I shot mostly jpeg, and raw, just in case I forgot to set the white balance correctly.  And if I didn't I deleted the raw files because they were huge at the time.  What I would give to get those raw files back.

RAW is like the red pill in The Matrix.  Once you start getting the hang of it until every lever becomes second nature, it is infinitely better than jpeg.

Out of 100 images of anything in any situation, 99 of them could be dramatically better with something like Adobe Camera Raw.

I highly recommend Chris Orwig's Camera Raw 8 tutorials on Lynda.com.  It changed my life.

Michael Ma's gear list:Michael Ma's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow