Powershot G9 tips for beginners
My Dad bought a G9 a few years ago, and has taken some very nice shots with it, but he just uses the automatic mode. He used to have a 35mm Practika SLR (so he knows all about ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc) when I was younger, but has since lost interest in playing about with settings to get a better shot.
I've just started to get more serious about photography myself and am hoping to coax him to get back into it more. He says he finds the G9 quite complicated to set up, so this has put him off spending any time learning it.
Does anyone have any tips/web sites/books they can recommend that would help?
I've read Scott Kelby's Digital Photography book (pt1), which I found very useful, but I feel it is much more orientated towards an SLR users than compacts.
P.S. As you can see by my gear list, I'm a Sony shooter myself, but hopefully that won't put you off!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%