Why Fuji, Why?!

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Pritzl Senior Member • Posts: 1,232
Re: Why Fuji, Why?!

ketsang wrote:

Enjoy your 70D for now.

Oh I am.

By the time you can afford a new Fuji, there will be a newer camera with better features and the X-T1 will be much cheaper.

Very true.

Just think of the things the 70D can do that Fuji can't, like great video features, better macro options and better flash system.

Those 3 are indeed better on the 70D. They are a few of the reasons I still think of an X camera as a complementary camera to my DSLR. See my other comment in the "What's left?" thread.

I think people misunderstood my feelings about the 70D. It's not that I'm regretting it per se, just thinking that perhaps keeping my T1i a while longer and getting an X-camera first would have done more for my photography than upgrading to the 70D. But, when I was shopping, the X-E2, impressive as it was, did not win me over completely and the rumours at the time regarding the X-T1 were all about a weather-sealed system which did not (and still doesn't) pique my interest. So I got the 70D because some aspects of the T1i had become quite annoying.

Pritzl's gear list:Pritzl's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 70D Fujifilm X-T2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow