The Fuji XT-1 is out, and it's making me wonder what's next for Pentax....

Started Jan 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Zvonimir Tosic
Zvonimir Tosic Senior Member • Posts: 2,651
Next for Pentax is to be Pentax

The XT-1 is basically what I would love to see Pentax do. Mirrorless with an excellent EVF. APS-C would be just fine but FF would be even better.

I keep telling myself to wait and see what Pentax comes out with this year. Am I in for a good surprise or am I missing the Fuji boat?

For reference I have a K-5, K-01, Q, AND Fuji X100. I love Pentax, and feel like waiting to see what is in store this year but the XT-1 is darn near perfect.

Thoughts? Friendly advice or rumors of what this year may bring for Pentaxians?

Already talked about it here thousands of times.
All K-mount lenses would be wasted then and new lenses made for a new mirrorless mount.
Pentax will never do that.

On the other hand, a proposition you ask for offers an ultimate irony; for Fujifilm clearly wanted a camera that looks like a DSLR and handles like one, (and no doubt, that sells like a DSLR) and you want a mirrorless camera that doesn't act like a DSLR and doesn't use existing lenses.

Let's leave this aside as no agreeable conclusion is possible. Let Pentax do what Pentax does best, and let Fujifilm continue whatever suits them.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow