K-3 ?

Started Jan 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
Zvonimir Tosic
Zvonimir Tosic Veteran Member • Posts: 3,192
Correct — Pentax mounts have the largest number of lenses

JeffAHayes wrote:

jhmos, there are MORE lenses of different sizes and apertures available for the Pentax K-mount than for ANY OTHER CAMERA MOUNT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, PERIOD. In fact, it's possible there are more available than for ALL CURRENT DIGITAL CAMERA MOUNTS COMBINED!

The fact that a tremendous amount of these lenses are on the USED market, and many may even be manual focus has more to do with marketing decisions being made, today, by companies that, perhaps, have decided they simply CANNOT COMPETE with all the EXISTING autofocus lenses available for the K-mount, even if some of them ARE 10-20 years old -- especially since the Pentax CAMERA handles the shake reduction.

I suspect Canon and Nikon (and many of their shooters) are actually JEALOUS of the wealth of lens choices available to Pentax shooters! And Sony and the rest of the latecomers, well... there's no contest! IF this means that these current electronics powerhouses (Sony, in particular, being bigger than all the other companies combined), are exerting some pressure for Sigma and Tamron to include Pentax, Fuji and 4/3 mounts with their new lenses, well, once again all I have to say is... SOUR GRAPES!

Agree Jeff.

Pentax mounts through history have been the most supported mounts.

There are virtually hundreds of historic lenses available for Pentax mounts (M42, K, 645, 67, etc.), plus close to hundred right now for K-mount.

I feel sick when reading the clear showcases of human ignorance and continuously perpetuated lies told by so called 'review sites' who often write 'not enough lenses for Pentax' ...

In case of Pentax, because of the ignorance people are afraid to try it and discover the truth..

But that is nothing new, as old Romans would say, "Timendi causa est nescire" — Ignorance is the cause of fear.

-- hide signature --

Zvonimir Tosic
“A portrait is not made in the camera, but on either side of it.”
— Edward Steichen

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow