D800/e users...

Started Jan 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Marianne Oelund Veteran Member • Posts: 7,169
D800 versatility

Al Downie wrote:

Thank you for that! I didn't want to bore anyone, but I was a professional photographer for 10yrs, and have ben an enthusiastic amateur for another 25yrs since a career change into IT.

Sorry about the tactless responses you've received here.  It seems that some users post while in a poor mood.

My photographic interests include landscapes, portraits, wildlife, travel, and now that I have a toddler running about at home, I'd like to record his growing up too - all on the best single camera I can afford. The D800 seems like the best fit for most of my requirements, but I need to make sure it's also useful for 'snatch and grab' shots, indoors, in available light.

Yes, it definitely is.  The D800 covers all of those applications with ease; the advantage of a D610 would be lower cost and higher frame rate.  If you're shooting JPEG-only, you can make good use of the D800's reduced-resolution settings, and it also offers more cropping options (which apply to RAW as well) than the D610.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow