Just got the 24-70 FE

Started Jan 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zilver Contributing Member • Posts: 762
Just got the 24-70 FE

Hi all,

Just got the 24-70mm FE, it's late so haven't really got time to take any pics but wanted to give my first impression.

The lens is bigger than I expected, the build quality, zoom & focus ring are all excellent. It's not heavy, but compared to using the 35mm, using the 24-70mm starting to feel like a DSLR.

Colour is excellent, my 2 minutes lamp and bookshelves sharpness test shows that this maybe one of the sharpest Sony zoom I have tried, much sharper than the 16-70 Zeiss for the Nex. I feel it could even be on par with the 35mm prime.

Stabilisation is good, 1/60s shots that the cameras like so much are very sharp, and I even get a lot sharp shots 1/40s zoomed in to 70mm but I think this is as far as I can go. Maybe because the A7R is not so forgiving.

All in all, really an excellent glass but will have to see if the size keeps it from getting a lot of use from me.

taken at 24mm

zoomed to 70mm

handheld 1/40s

zilver's gear list:zilver's gear list
Leica Q Sony Alpha 7R II Fujifilm X-T2
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow