Lightweight monopod advice

Started Jan 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Kirkdi Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: Lightweight monopod advice

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Linda F wrote:

Grateful if anyone can recommend a very lightweight monopod which also collapses to a very small size. There are quite a few about and I wondered if anyone has used any of them. I already have a heavy monopod plus tripods etc, but due to shoulder problems I need something light to carry but which will support a light camera and lens to help my arms. The most it would need to support would be around a kilo. Thanks very much.

Glad you asked Linda,

Going against the trend I have been using the Velbon Ultra Stick 50 for years. Light, it is just iver 12" (310mm) folded and yet I have used it to support crazy big dslr gear with battery packs and large lenses. And yet it is no trouble to pack about and carry and adaptable to small cameras.

I use a Novoflex MC-MR compact mount and a few of the mtaching button type mounts that are easily screwed into cameras and left there - very convenient.

PS it is made out of aluminium and ot overly expensive, weight on scales complete with Novoflex head an wrist strap = 297gms. The Novoflex bits ARE expensive but veyr good. the monopod can be used screwed staight into a camera triod mount.

I have not found it necessary to fit a ball head to a monopod.

I picked the Sirui P-326 Carbon Fiber Tripod. Extends to 60.6" and collapses to 15" weighting just .9 lbs.

I find it to be well made, very solid and a great price for carbon fiber ($99).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/822252-REG/Sirui_BSRP326_P_326_6_Section_Carbon_Fiber.html

Kirk

Kirkdi's gear list:Kirkdi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow