Is my ancient NEX-7 a worthless piece of junk?

Started Jan 25, 2014 | Questions thread
nzmacro
nzmacro Forum Pro • Posts: 15,260
Yes it is, $150 and I'll take it

davids8560 wrote:

After reading the following excerpt from dpreview's latest MILC round-up I began to wonder if it was a mistake to buy into the initial NEX-7 hoopla.

"The NEX-7 was an ambitious camera when launched, but so many subsequent refinements have appeared on less-expensive NEXs (not least in terms of improved JPEG output), along with additional features such as Wi-Fi and on-sensor phase detection, that it's hard to recommend now it on build-quality alone."

Checking eBay, it looks as though I would take a significant loss unloading my now "obsolete" NEX-7.

Feeling disappointed. Thought it would be a good camera a little bit longer than two years!

Yep it is complete junk and so I'll be generous and give you $150 US for the body only

Come on Dave, are you happy with the images YOU SEE Dave ?? I am and I plan to pick up another one when the cost goes right down. Mine has taken a hammering and its still going after close to 50,000 shots. I think Matt has done close to or over 100,000 shots with his.

Am I happy with it and is it obsolete .........

www.birdsinaction.com

You tell me.

All the best Dave and far from junk. I shoot with FF Canon shooters with long fast lenses and I don't feel intimidated, sometimes they do with the results though.

Danny.

nzmacro's gear list:nzmacro's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha a7 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow