Do I have potential?

Started Jan 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
ttbek Senior Member • Posts: 4,827
Re: Do I have potential?

Here is my opinion on this.  We should simply be open about whatever it is we are doing to our images.  It's actually really awesome if you can get a photorealistic whale on your coach.  Now with something that out there it probably no one would mistake it as real, you wouldn't want PETA or something upset with you for stranding whales in your living room.  I feel that talking pictures and doing post are two very different skill sets, many professional photographers actually have other people that do their post production.  So why don't we just try to keep straight who should get credit for what?  I guess that many people here, as photographers, are more concerned with capturing the original shot, so they feel PS is cheating a bit because it can make a humdrum shot look better than a shot they took that was better before the post work transformed that humdrum shot.  I think this animosity would be less if when posting the shot people say something like: "check out this awesome save I did of a photo I took at Everest" instead of "check out this awesome photo I took."  This also might spark some collaboration between people that shoot well and people that edit well.  Of course there are also people that are very good at both of these skills.

ttbek's gear list:ttbek's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Canon EOS 5D Samsung NX300 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Samsung NX30 +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow